River Island Social Media Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is: FORT KINNAIRD LIMITED PARTNERSHIP C/O BROADGATE ESTATES LTD of York House, 45 Seymour St, London W1H 7LX (the “Promoter”).
2. The title of the competition is River Island Social Media Competition”
3. The competition will run from 07.30 on 24/8/23 (the “Opening Date”) to 11.59 on 29/8/23 (the “Closing Date”).
4. All competition entries must be received by the Promoter via the entry method specified at condition 5 by no later than 11.59 on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
5. Enter the competition via the competition by liking the post and commenting with who you would take on a shopping trip to River Island on the post on FORT KINNAIRD’S Instagram or Facebook pages, by the Closing Date.
6. The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
7. The Promoter will not accept:
(a) responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
(b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
8. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
9. The winner will be selected at random from all qualifying entries within 10 days of the Closing Date. (“Selection Date”).
10. The Promoter will select one individual winner at random. The winner will be contacted via direct message from the Fort Kinnaird official Facebook or Instagram account. Once the winner is chosen, this will be announced on the original competition post on the Fort Kinnaird social accounts. We will never ask you to click links outside of the official competition post. Please be aware and report any impostor accounts to us and to Meta/Facebook/Instagram.
11. The competition is open to all residents in the UK aged 18 years or over, except:
(a) employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
(b) employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
(c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
12. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
13. The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
(d) photocopies and not originals; or
14. There is a limit of one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
15. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
16. The prize consists of: £100 River Island gift voucher. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize is non-transferable and may only be redeemed at River Island Fort Kinnaird.
17. Prizes are subject to availability. There is no cash alternative for the prizes.
18. The prizes are supplied by River Island, Fort Kinnaird shopping centre, Edinburgh EH15 3RD (the “Supplier”).
19. The prize is not negotiable or transferable and must be collected from River Island Fort Kinnaird.
20. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
21. The Promoter will contact the winner directly by private message as soon as practicable after the Selection Date (“Notification Date”), using the social media handle provided with the competition entry. The Promoter will not amend any contact information once the competition entry form has been submitted.
22. If you are the winner of the prize, you will have 30 days from the Notification Date to claim the prize by providing your email address in response to the private message sent by the Promoter. If you do not claim the prize by this date, your claim will become invalid.
23. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf. When collecting the prize instore, the winner must show photographic ID.
24. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed their prize within 30 days of the Notification Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
25. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
26. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
27. The Promoter will only process your personal information as set out in the https://www.britishland.com/privacy-notice.
28. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
30. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.