Introducing the lovechild of a yum yum and a doughnut – the YUMNUT! Shaped like a nut, they’re made with a fluffy, buttery dough, smothered in delicious toppings that look almost too good to eat!
We’ve had ‘cronuts’, ‘cruffins’ and even a ‘croloaf’ and now the innovation experts at M&S have launched the next wave of hybrid bakery treat in the form of the YUMNUT! Perfectly created using our unique butter-enriched yum yum recipe which includes a minimum 18- hour dough resting time coupled with 48 laminations which gives a light open texture which are deep-fried and covered in the classic sweet sugar glaze before being beautifully decorated. The new YUMNUT (available in six different flavours) is available in-stores now and is sure to be the next social media super star. Cronuts alone have seen almost 250k Instagram posts since debuting in New York’s Dominique Ansel Bakery – could the new YUMNUTS knock these from the top spot?
There are six delicious flavours to enjoy including:
- The Plain Jane – a classic with sweet and buttery vanilla pastry - £1
- Raspberry Royal - pretty in pink! Topped with a sweet, sharp and fruity fondant and scattering of freeze-dried raspberries - £1.15
- Billionaires – sweet, sticky and crunchy! A delicious salted caramel sauce, crunchy biscuit crumb and dark chocolate lacing oozing with richness; £1.15
- Simply the Zest – tangy vibrant yellow lemon glaze topped with biscuit crumb and rustic meringue pieces – Tina would be proud - £1.15
- Milk & Cookies – milky vanilla glaze topped with mini-cookies and a chocolate drizzle - £1.15
- Double Chocolate* - last, but by no means least, this double chocolate delight is topped with a delicious milk chocolate fondant and dipped into milk and white chocolate shards - £1.15
Kirsty Rowley – M&S Bakery Product Developer said: ‘M&S is renowned for its delicious selection of doughnuts and yum yums – we sell almost 650 miles worth of yum yums each year! The craze for gourmet, ‘Instagramable’ pastries is huge and the new M&S Yumnuts bring this culinary revolution to everyone and are great value, costing from as little as £1 each.’
As well as the Plain Jane at £1, look out for the 5 other YUMNUT flavours to choose from available for £1.15 each in M&S in-store-bakeries nationwide
*Double Chocolate launches in-store 24th March