Taking your Dough Balls to the next level from MOB kitchen
Prep time: 40 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins | Makes: 4 portions
Brushing your doughballs over with the garlic butter will create a nice golden glaze on your bake.
- 2 Aubergines
- 2 Onions
- 2 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Tinned tomatoes (3 tins)
- 1 packet of PizzaExpress Dough Balls (we used a pack of 16. If using a pack of 8 just halve the other ingredients)
- 2 balls mozzarella
- 40g Parmesan
- 1 tsp sugar
- Bunch of parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180C / 256F
2. Chop aubergines into small chunks and fry them in an oil-free, non-stick pan until charred, then set aside.
3. Fry chopped onions in olive oil. Once the onions are golden and soft add pinch of salt, 2 tsp chilli flakes, fried aubergine and mix together.
4. Add tinned tomatoes and cook on a high heat until the mix thickens.
5. Add sugar and a pinch of salt and top with chopped parsley.
6. It's time to add the Dough Balls! Place the Dough Balls and 2 ripped up balls of mozzarella on top of the sauce.
7. Brush melted PizzaExpress garlic butter over the tops of each Dough Balls to create a nice golden glaze.
8. Sprinkle grated Parmesan over the dish, top with pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Don't froget your chilli flakes!
9. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.